If you’ve been in the SaaS space for some time, you’re probably all too familiar with these problems…
- Free accounts don’t convert to paid nearly as often as you would like.
- You waste your time manually walking each new user through your web app.
- A large percentage of users never experience the core value of your product.
- Hitting a plateau in growth is no fun
- Free accounts sign up only to never return to your product.
If you’ve heard of Slack, HubSpot or Dropbox, you should know that a free trial or freemium experience can be a competitive advantage. Bad free trial experiences, on the other hand, create a serious bottleneck in your business and prevent you from growing. But how do you pinpoint the problem? There’s not enough time in your day to read all the books and articles you need to get up to speed on creating a high-converting free trial experience.
Here’s a helpful hint from one entrepreneur to another. Your own opinion is biased: you can’t fairly judge your own product. You need someone who gets SaaS products and can be unbiased. That’s a rare combo. In short….
Your product needs a user onboarding audit
My name is Wes Bush. I’m the business owner at Traffic Is Currency and have been helping hypergrowth B2B SaaS companies such as Vidyard launch and optimize free trial and freemium models that generate millions in ARR.
Our “Done for You” user onboarding audit will help you turn your users into customers. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Identify critical usability flaws in your web application;
- Find small wins that can instantly reduce the friction in your onboarding process and bump that conversion rate up;
- Share one or two battle-tested strategies that can help you generate anywhere from 10,000 to 10,000,000 over the next 12 months
“Our product is complex, so the insights on onboarding were extremely useful...”
If you need help to see things from another person’s perspective – who understands user journeys – seek help from Wes!
-Neil Napier, Co-founder of Kyvio
You should consider using this service if…
- You run an established B2B SaaS business.
- You have a solid stream of revenue and you think it can do much better.
- You have high demands in terms of growth, but don’t know how to get there using a free trial offer.
- Your team’s vision is “blurry” because you’ve been working on the same product too long.
- You prefer to be informed about your free trial issues, rather than live in the shell of blissful ignorance.
- You appreciate objective, well-reasoned feedback on your product.
“The user onboarding audit was a super-useful investment”
“Thanks a lot! We signed up to learn how to improve our free trial conversions and came out of the experience with actionable website recommendations to improve our messaging, how we onboard users within the product and change the way we pitch our value to potential users better.”
Vaibhav Kakkar, Co-founder of Rankwatch.com
Ok, what’s really in it for me?
If you’ve tried to improve your free-to-paid conversion rate in the past, you can probably relate to feeling a bit uncomfortable making suggestions because it is not your main area of expertise. But, you know that things can and should be better optimized. These are just a few of the benefits our customers have had in the past.
- A nice boost in conversions in a short period of time
- Reassurance that the direction you’re taking is sound
- Confidence and the know-how to improve your free trial experience
- More free trial users upgrading to paid because they “get your product”
So, what is included in a user onboarding audit?
The ultimate deliverable is a comprehensive, actionable audit of your web application presented as a PDF report. First, we thoroughly inspect your web app and take key screenshots. Then we run an audit following our own method: we define your product strategy and run a usability checklist for the key screens of your web app.
We also make an epic number of comments along the way. These comments may include, but are not limited to
- A video going through the free trial experience
- Thoughts on your product/market fit (how you can position your value proposition in the best way);
- Recommendations for keeping your web app simple and focused;
- Optimization ideas to help more users experience the core value of your product;
- Onboarding suggestions and comparisons from other SaaS companies to give you ideas on how to improve;
- Recommendations on visual style, typography & color;
- General conversion rate optimization opportunities;
- Exclamations of respect and approval;
- Small easy-to-fix notes;
- Professional opinions;
- Other relevant thoughts on how to make your SaaS business shine.
What will you review in my web app?
As you know, web apps come in all shapes and sizes. We’re not familiar with yours yet, so we can’t say. If you have a huge number of features and complex product, we can’t cover everything. However, rest assured that we will cover the key items to improve your free-to-paid conversion rate.
Are you ready to convert more users into customers?
Ultimate Onboarding Audit
Best for teams that have aggressive growth targets and need an action plan to help them hit those targets.
- Everything that’s included in the Basic Onboarding Audit
- We’ll hire a small army of user testers to go through your onboarding experience and we’ll share their top takeaways
- We’ll dive into your product analytics and find where your users are dropping off and what brings them back
- You’ll receive mockups that will show you exactly how you can improve your onboarding experience
- We’ll analyze all of your user onboarding email campaigns to ensure you’re reaching out when it matters most
- A 25-50 annotated PDF report that goes through detailed recommendations
- Two 60-minute calls to review the audit and put together a plan of attack for your team to implement the recommendations
- 5 free copies of our book on Product-Led Growth
- 4 week turnaround time
Basic Onboarding Audit
Best for teams that want a professional’s opinion on how to improve their onboarding experience.
- You’ll receive an actionable video that will show you how to turn more users into customers
- PDF that covers key recommendations
- 60-minute call to create a plan of attack to implement the most important recommendations for your business
- Free email follow-up
- 2 week turnaround time
Still have questions? Feel free to book a quick 15-minute meeting with Wes.
“The user onboarding audit was hugely helpful”
“Our team was provided with tons of valuable information that helped us improve our onboarding process and free trial conversion rate.”
Alex Vasyov, Chief Marketing Officer of Metatask.io